General League Policies
League Registration & Fees
Teams are registered on a first-come, first served basis. Player fees will be refunded only if a team is not offered a position in a league / division determined to be appropriate for the team. Registration must be paid in full before the first game is played. Failure to comply to payment terms will result in the player or players with outstanding fees being suspended from participation until all fees are in good standing AND the team forfeiting all results until the entire roster is paid in full. Teams dropping out of a league will forfeit their registration fees. Discounts for team registration may be available from time to time in certain leagues, any team incurring a forfeiture during a previous session shall not be eligible for discounts. Players with outstanding fees shall not be allowed to re-register.
Levels of Competition
The Lima – Apex Sports Zone reserves the right to make the necessary changes within league divisions to ensure an equal level of ability and competition. Re-registering teams will be assigned to a division based upon availability and performance in past session(s).
Liability / Injury Waiver & Release Form
No individual will be allowed to participate in any league games, practice session, tournament, clinic, open pick-up game, or other activities until a release form has been properly completed and signed.
The Lima – Apex Sports Zone management would like to reaffirm that referees appointed to officiate each game have complete authority, and that his/her decisions on points of fact connected with the game are final. Officials are independent subcontractors and are not employees of the Lima – Apex Sports Zone. Officiating will be monitored and assessed periodically and in-house training classes will provide for quality officiating. Constructive comments regarding officiating are welcomed and encouraged. Please submit any such comments in writing. Complaints regarding officials should be submitted in writing and contain points of fact. Do not discuss officiating or the officials with the facility staff during or immediately after your game.
Individuals are expected to play under control and within the rules of the game, and to the best of their ability will avoid causing injury to themselves and other persons using the facility.
“ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY” Anyone fighting will be ejected and their membership will be terminated. Anyone threatening or stalking another member, staff, official or spectator will also be ejected, terminated and reported to the local authorities.
It shall be the responsibility of each team to maintain their own first-aid kit for treatment of their players. Lima – Apex Sports Zone does not supply first aid supplies including ice.
A team forfeiting a game(s) during the same session will be subject to the following fines:
- 1st Forfeit – written warning
- 2nd Forfeit – expulsion from the league and forfeiture of any registration fees.
Game Days & Holidays
Primary game days are assigned to divisions. Divisions may be assigned to play on alternate game days depending upon; the length of the session, the number of teams participating, and recognized holidays over the course of a session.
The following holidays will be recognized:
- New Years Eve
- New Year’s Day
- July 4th
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Eve
- Divisions may be assigned to play on any other day(s).
It is the responsibility of each player and the player’s team representative to be aware of the total status of their players’ infractions. Failure to comply may result in further disciplinary measures which may include suspension of the coach/rep. and forfeiture of games sanctioned player played in. This includes use of illegal players – those not registered properly on the team roster or not current on facility membership dues.
The Team Manager is responsible for confirming scheduled game times at least 24 hours prior to game. Web schedules are to be used as a reference, changes may occur from time to time, the Lima – Apex Sports Zone shall maintain the most current official game schedules.
There are NO PROTESTS of Contests
Protestations regarding fielding of illegal players must be brought to the attention of the game officials prior to the start of a contest and may only be age related.
If a team cannot play a scheduled game (See GAME SCHEDULE AND MAKE-UP GAMES) the opposing team will be awarded a 3-0 victory. NO RESCHEDULE WILL BE GIVEN.
Ten Minute Rule
Should a team be unable to field the minimum number of players within ten minutes of the scheduled start time, the opposing team will be awarded a win by forfeiture.
Termination of Participation
The Lima – Apex Sports Zone management reserves the right to terminate an individual’s and/or team’s participation at the facility for violation of the facility policies as posted.
Player Eligibility Policy
Player registration must include the requested team placement and will serve as the basis for all rosters. Additions will be permitted as long as all players on a team’s roster are age appropriate. Players may play for more than one team providing they are age appropriate. The Lima – Apex Sports Zone reserves the right to make the necessary changes within league divisions to ensure an equal level of ability and competition.
An illegal player shall be considered any player who competes in an age group that is younger than his/her age group classification. Players may play up in age.
Individual Player & Divisional Participation
Players may only be on more than one roster in a given division and league. Players may participate in more than one division and league. Players must be able to provide proof of identification on request. Failure to provide this identification will exclude the player from participation. The Lima – Apex Sports Zone reserves the right to determine if a player is considered too advanced for a given division and remove the individual from the team roster. This is done in the spirit of maintaining parity in a given division.
No player may compete without a signed registration/waiver on file. Players under 18 must have a signature of a parent/guardian on the registration/waiver.
No players may participate if a balance is owed on their player registration. Teams may still participate if players on their roster have not yet paid, but those players will not be able to participate.
Inclement Weather Policy
- Every reasonable effort will be made to play games as originally scheduled. We will take many factors into consideration when determining if closures are necessary due to severe weather. While school or other business closures are one of those factors, those closures DO NOT necessarily indicate Apex’s status. (7am weather conditions are often far different from 4pm weather conditions!)
- Weather closure information will be posted on the main page of our website, and weather updates will be communicated via our voicemail system. We ask that you please check the website before you call. Every effort will be made to communicate open/closed details on severe weather days 2 hours prior to the first kickoff. Because weather and driving conditions change rapidly in Northwest Ohio, we may indicate a certain block of time “on as scheduled” or “closed” and have instructions for additional weather updates throughout the day.
- Because weather and driving conditions change rapidly in Northwest Ohio, we may indicate a certain block of time “on as scheduled” or “closed” and have instructions for additional weather updates throughout the day.
Soccer League Individual Registration
- All Soccer league registration is done individually – each player/family will register and pay individually and be placed on the roster for their team.
- Advance registration for players will be through the website at our registration page – and online, “Early” registration will be the least expensive way to register. Any registrations (online or paper) received after the Early Registration Deadline and ALL PAPER REGISTRATIONS will be charged our full regular price.
- Payment for each registrant must be received prior to their participation in any Apex league, no execptions. If a team has players with an outstanding balance – the team may participate but the players may not until the balance is cleared.
- A minimum roster size will be enforced – details of the minimum will be noted on each league’s registration info. A team who wants to have fewer players than the minimum on their roster may do so by paying for their “empty” roster spots (for example, roster minimum = 10 players, team wants to carry only 8, registration cost for the league = $80 – empty spots = 2×80 = $160)
- Teams who have less than the required minimum number of players rostered 48 hours prior to the first games for the division WILL NOT BE PLACED ON THE WEEK ONE SCHEDULE! If you intend to play with less than the minimum, you MUST contact our office to settle your team’s balance PRIOR to the start of the division.
- Check out our Soccer FAQ’s for additional commonly asked questions!
Step by step guide for registration:
Captains, Coaches or Managers will give the team name to their players – and everyone registers themself/their child for the team! The best way to do this is through our registration page. Simply choose the correct league and select the button for Individual Registration. Enter your contact and payment information making sure to enter an accurate e-mail address and phone number. Don’t forget to write in your team name, or enter “APEX” if you don’t have a team!
Individual Registrants should complete the exact same process, just be sure to enter “Apex” in the team name field! We will handle individual registrants according to our the following policies:
- Form an Lima – Apex Sports Zone house team (We will notify you of your team placement and what team name to look for on the schedule)
- Attempt to add individuals to team’s who need players if there are not enough for a house team.
- Look for an appropriate team placement on an older or more competitive division than the one selected.
- Provide refunds for any individual registrants we are unable to place.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site by filling out online forms. As appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, phone number, address, and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
Payment information submitted during registration is never retained on our servers or in our database. It is used only to process the specific transaction.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to respond to your individual needs)
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To process transactions – Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased service, rental or league as requested by the customer.
- To send periodic emails – The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your registration, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related league or event information, etc…
- To administer a contest, promotion, discount, survey, or other feature.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include, offer, or link to third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Lima – Apex Sports Zone
4565 Elida Rd
Elida, OH 45807
Unless otherwise noted in the league description or rules – or under the policies and guidelines listed above, refunds will be considered on a case-by-case basis and granted at the discretion of Lima – Apex Sports Zone management. Refunds must be requested within 60 days of the registration transaction.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]